The other day it occurred to me that I haven’t blogged in a while. Today I looked, and found that it’s been a month since I added anything! I’m shocked.
There’s nothing wrong, other than life is doing it’s best to fill up my every waking hour, and quite a few of the non-waking hours. Since I last typed here:
- Halloween has come and gone
- I attended an evening open house at my school
- My oldest son arrived from Colorado to suprise my other son who …
- Received his (Catholic) Sacrament of Confirmation
- I sat through two evenings of Parent / Teacher conferences
- My FIRST Robotics team set up the school gym for …
- An all-Saturday FIRST LEGO League competition we held for 16 elementary and middle school FLL teams
- We cheered as my school football team won their third straight state championship (only one loss in three years!)
- I went to a Dinner / Theater night with my wife and friends
- We celebrated Thanksgiving, with it’s obligatory travel to New York City, and two turkey dinners (Thursday and Sunday)
- With my son in town (again) we finished the ceiling in the basement play room
- And put up the Christmas lights outside (warm weather opportunity)
- Oh, yes, I picked up my middle son from football / winter track every school day, and took my daughter to swim team practice three times a week.
And that’s just the highlights. Yeah, it’s been a busy few weeks, but on the good side, I’ve got a bunch of other thoughts that have been collecting in my mind to write about. Hopefully, I’ll get to them before I forget them.
COMMENTS FROM theSpoke:
No time to work on the car in the garage? 😦
Which car? The 1996 SUV with it’s dashboard apart waiting for a new heater core, or the 1960 MGA needing EVERYthing rebuilt?
I mean the MGA. When you have time for that I’ll know you have a life again. 🙂 Maybe when the youngest goes off to college you’ll have time.